Dr. Andrei Dragomir joined the Department of Biomedical Engineering in February 2010. He earned his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Politehnica University, Bucharest, Romania in 1999 and his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Patras, Greece in 2002 and 2006, respectively. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the Harrington Department of Biomedical Engineering, Arizona State University.
Biomedical signal processing, pattern recognition and machine learning, time series analysis and complex networks modeling. Particular interests are:
- Neural Engineering: modeling neural mechanisms of addiction and memory; central respiratory networks; oscillation mechanisms in the hippocampus, nonlinear dynamics of neural systems.
- Bioinformatics: data analysis and knowledge integration in genomics and computational biology; gene regulatory networks and protein interaction networks.
- T.Y. Chen, D. Zhang, A. Dragomir, Y.M. Akay, M. Akay, ‘Complexity of VTA DA Neural Activities in Response to PFC Transection in Nicotine Treated Rats’, Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, Vol. 8:13, 2011.
- T.Y. Chen, D. Zhang, A. Dragomir, Y.M. Akay, M. Akay, ‘The Effects of Nicotine Exposure and PFC Transection on the Time-Frequency Distribution of VTA-DA Neurons’ Firing Activities’, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, Vol. 49:5, pp: 605-612, 2011.
- A. Dragomir, Y.M. Akay, M. Akay, ‘Modeling Carbachol-induced Hippocampal Network Synchronization using Hidden Markov Models’, Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 7: 056012, 2010.
- I.A. Maraziotis, A. Dragomir, D. Thanos ‘Gene Regulatory Networks Modeling Using a Dynamic Evolutionary Hybrid’, BMC Bioinformatics, vol.11:140, 2010.
- Y.M. Akay, A. Dragomir, C. Song, J. Wu, M. Akay, ‘Hippocampal Gamma Oscillations in Rats’, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 28, pp. 92-95, 2009.
- Y.M. Akay, A. Dragomir, J. Wu, M. Akay, ‘The Effects of 2-APB on the Time-Frequency Distributions of Gamma Oscillations in Rat Hippocampal Slices’, Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 6, pp. 056006 (8p), 2009.
- M. Akay, K.Wang, Y.M. Akay, A. Dragomir, J. Wu ‘Nonlinear Dynamical Analysis of Carbachol Induced Hippocampal Oscillations in Mice’, Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 30, pp. 859-867, 2009.
- A. Dragomir, Y. M. Akay, A. K. Curran, M. Akay ‘Complexity Measures of the Central Respiratory Networks During Wakefulness and Sleep’, Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 254-261, 2008.
- A. Dragomir, Y. M. Akay, A. K. Curran, M. Akay ‘Investigating the Complexity of Respiratory Patterns During the Laryngeal Chemoreflex’, Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, vol. 5: 16, 2008.
- I. Maraziotis, A. Dragomir, A. Bezerianos ‘Gene Networks Reconstruction and Time Series Prediction from Microarray Data Using Recurrent Neural Fuzzy Networks’, IET Systems Biology, Vol. 1, pp. 41-50, 2007.